Assistant Store Manager
PURPOSE & IMPACT ON ORGANIZATION
Contributes to meeting or exceeding store sales and KPI targets by:
- To undertake and control Store Operations Manual (SOM) administration duties for the Store.
- Managing and leading all operational processes within the store to provide effective and efficient back-office operations.
- Has a working knowledge of the Profit and Loss Statement and the store KPIs and makes decisions based on sound financial judgment
- Understand the behavior and patterns of the store’s operations.
- Actively monitors all back office and front of house interaction and processes in order to drive improvement and offer streamlined service as a business partner.
- Leads by example and ensures highly visible and effective management at all times of their team, supporting line manager and commercial managers as necessary.
- Is a role model for” operational excellence”, by utilizing the SOM and other enablers
- Consistently achieves a score of greater than 95% for all SOM and Risk Assessment Audits, and achieves/exceeds store shrink target set by Western Europe
- Ensures all internal and external store visitors are managed professionally and confidently, utilizing all available resources
- Actively supervises and coordinates the external security companies responsible for the safety of the store, ensuring full use of resources available such as CCTV and local Police radio
- Has a good knowledge of operational challenges in store and coaches other managers to meet or exceed them at all times
- Minimizes overall store Shrink encompassing (Cash, Stock and overall Cost) to actively cut cost and reduce loss
- Maintains a safe shopping and working environment by ensuring full compliance for store policy and procedure, reporting any breaches to HR and Senior Store Manager
- Ensures stockroom standards best practice is maintained at all times ensures direct reports remain compliant
- Is aware of KPI targets and actively works to meet or exceed these by using all the resources available in the Store
- To ensure the accurate training and compliance of all SOM processes to the specified area to company standard
- Complies with store policies and procedures to maintain a safe working environment in all aspects of the role including Health and Safety
- Guides and trains selected members of the store team on basic SOM processes and behaviors
- Collaborates productively and respectfully with team members to meet or exceed company goals
- Communicates a desire to learn and seizes all available opportunities to drive his/her development and increase performance
- Leads own team in their own areas by being an example of good practice for departments of responsibility
- Profit Protection
- Store Management
Knowledge, Capabilities, And Experience
- Fine-tunes communication techniques to provide advanced level service to internal customers
- Flexibly adapts the approach to accommodate the needs of multiple internal customers at the same time
- Deals professionally with difficult internal customer situations
- Uses retail and commercial expertise to drive overall store compliance
- Supports teammates by actively helping to train and support.
- Is thorough and detail-oriented in maintaining SOM standards (additions based on market needs)
- Has a minimum of 12 months of experience working as part of the retail operations environment
- Basic numeracy and literacy and advanced verbal communication skills (additions based on market needs)