Creative Director Photography
We are looking for a Photography lead to continuously innovate and evolve our digital assortment presentation. If you’re a passionate and experienced creative, and look forward to bringing our product & campaign photography to the next level we might be looking for you. We’re offering you the opportunity to join the diverse team at our Amsterdam HQ and make a real difference in our scaleup environment.
🥜 In a nutshell
Ever since Picnic was formed, the importance of consistent high-quality product photography was clear to us. That’s why we’ve always shot all our pack shots, eliminating any dependencies on suppliers and creating the best customer experience. Now that we have a solid operational system in place that enables us to shoot thousands of packshots, it’s time to take it to the next level!
You’ll be part of the Presentations and Photography team. Working together with our in-house photographers and editors, your relentless drive for top quality will be satisfied every day. Working alongside business owners, data analysts, and developers, you’ll create new strategies and guidelines. You’ll be happy to present and discuss your approach with great enthusiasm, while always keeping an open mind.
You’ll have the opportunity to learn from great designers and work on in-app visuals that are key to our innovative service. You’ll join a growing team of content creators and your work will make a significant contribution to the next chapter of Picnic!
🎯 What You’ll Do
- Develop a shared vision on how to best present our assortment in a digital context across different countries
- Evolve our specific packshot strategy to boost the attractiveness of products presented in our app while ensuring scalability in operation
- Collaborate with content creators to deliver creative briefs for campaign photography
- Guide, coach, and inspire in-house and external photographers and editors
- Test and validate new ideas either through user testing or in-app A/B testing
- Collaborate with business leads to oversee general quality, analyze performance, and adjust strategy where needed
- Build an accessible library for both packshots and general campaign photography so that assets can be used throughout the organisation
- Keep up-to-date with general trends and developments across the domain of commercial photography and specifically within the scope of e-commerce
⭐ About You
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 3-6 years of experience
- Passion for photography and a solid portfolio
- Excellent communication skills with the energy to inspire and the ability to clearly present options and explain decisions
- A self-starter who is keen to get involved and equally comfortable with leading and following
- Attention to detail—ability to notice the small but important things
- An innate high standard of quality and dedication to continuous iteration and improvement in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency in English
- Eligible to work in the Netherlands
📖 Picnic perks
Every expert was once a beginner!
You’ll get plenty of opportunities to challenge yourself and grow, including the Picnic Tech Academy, Lunch & Learn sessions, and tailored soft skills training. We also offer free professional weekly language courses.
Make a difference
You’ll work in an awesome scale-up environment with the freedom to drive your own projects and create a visible impact.
Our fully electric vehicles and sustainable business model mean you’ll also be contributing to making the world a better place!
Teamwork makes the dream work
With more than 80 nationalities across 3 countries, you’ll be part of a diverse company with plenty of cool stuff to get involved with, from board game evenings to after-work drinks to our company ski trip and more!
You Are What You Eat
You’ll get freshly prepared, healthy lunches and snacks (with plenty of vegetarian, vegan, and halal options). Coffee snob? Don’t worry, our amazing Picnic barista has you covered.
Mental health is important. As well as having the option to speak with Picnic colleagues who act as confidential advisors, our collaboration with OpenUp gives you easy access to professional psychologists, along with workshops and materials.
There are plenty of sports communities and events to get involved with, from tennis to yoga to climbing!
We offer competitive compensation and a pension plan that looks out for your future self as well as 25 vacation days per year, so you can recharge your batteries
Where possible, we like to enable people to work in ways that suit their working styles, which is why we have a hybrid-working model. Our teams generally like to have at least one team day per week at the office (the tasty lunch and Barista-made coffee may be a factor), but besides that, it’s up to you and your team.
We care about your health and wellbeing. As such, we currently support online interviews and remote onboarding (learn more about the process here ).
Commitment to equal opportunities
Picnic is an equal opportunity employer—this means that all decisions regarding applications will be based on qualifications and merit. Applicants will be regarded independently of age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, skin color, civil status, religious beliefs, physical or mental disability, or any other factors protected by law.
At Picnic, we celebrate and value our differences and are committed to building a safe and inclusive working environment where everyone can be themselves.