CS Internal Control Quality Analyst
The CS Internal Control Quality Analyst is part of the Internal Control Quality team at Booking.com Customer Service Department (CS). This role will focus on planning and executing operational, financial and compliance related key control testing for CS, which often include significant IT components and controls.
Successful internal control quality management requires individuals who are able to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, integrate perspectives and ultimately drive beneficial business outcomes.
Executes key control testing and audits assigned to CS in line with the Global Internal Audit Annual Plan.
Participate in a wide range of operational, financial and compliance related audits/reviews across various processes.
Coordinates with stakeholders, such as Risk & Compliance, Finance and others.
Assists in conducting risk assessments and identifies controls in place to mitigate identified risks.
Documents the results of key control testing work in accordance with standards of the internal audit department and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
Report conclusions on the executed testing.
Provides advice on internal control and participates in enhancing control procedures for CS.
Drives and promotes the continuous improvement of the risk management function.
- Self-starter – Executes the audit activities with minimum guidance.
- Acts as a Team Player – Collaborates, supports colleagues and peers across the organization, while still being able to work independently when needed.
- Results Oriented – Meets deadlines on assignments, juggles multiple projects.
- Communication – Is able to work with all levels of individuals up to and including executive management.
- Commercial Awareness – Eagerness to understand the business.
- Entrepreneurial and committed to self-development.
- Excellent knowledge of auditing various business operations and risk-based auditing attained through 4-5 years of relevant experience working in a Big 4 accounting firm, Internal Audit or Compliance function at a listed company.
- Understanding of the standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and ability to fully comply with IIA standards
- Good understanding of IT environments and experience with supporting IT audits.
- Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem solving, and timely problem escalation.
- Strong analytical skills (experience with audit analytics is a plus).
- Good business writing and oral communication skills (proficiency in English).
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented but able to quickly grasp the bigger picture.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s (post-secondary degree) preferably in Accounting or Finance
- ACCA/CPA/CIA or equivalent designation highly desirable.
- CAMS-certification or Professional Diploma in Compliance (LCOI)) desirable.
- Big 4 Experience desirable.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite.
Pre- Employment Screening
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the open position at Booking.com.