We are looking for a Logistics Executive to join the international team of a trading company which
specializes in wholesale & distribution of fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG).
The company is located in Amsterdam and employs colleagues from all around Europe. This post is
based in The Netherlands.
As our ideal candidate, you would be:
● In possession of a tertiary level of education
● Computer literate, particularly with Microsoft Office applications
● Knowledgeable and experienced in warehousing and logistics. Having familiarity with customs
systems and procedures would be an asset.
● Fluent in English and Dutch, written and spoken
● Able to work individually but also as part of a team
● Reliable, organized, sharp-minded with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
Your tasks and responsibilities:
● Ensuring accurate adherence to international customs and shipping procedures
● Being responsible of the section’s general administration duties
● Facilitating ongoing contact with suppliers and customers on the delivery status of incoming and outgoing orders to ensure efficient placing, processing and monitoring orders
● Negotiating with shipping carriers, agents, haulers, freight forwarders and insurance brokers to ensure the proper delivery of stocks from suppliers and to customers;
● Keeping in touch with the authorities to ensure the proper and safe receipt / release of stocks
● Following up supply and delivery with suppliers and customers
● Tracking shipments, to keep management regularly informed of the status of critical events
● Being responsible for incoming / outgoing stock movements within the group’s warehouses
● Taking regular review of stock management and related operations to implement change whenever necessary
● Encouraging teamwork across different teams
● Carrying out stock-taking and general inventory management duties on a regular basis
● Position is mostly office-based but candidate is expected to adopt a hands-on approach and visit the Group’s warehouses regularly
● Drafting and writing regular reports to management
● Inputting relevant purchases and sales into our computer system
We offer a good remuneration package, ongoing career development and a positive work environment.
Ready to join the team? Apply via the form.