Senior Specialist Travel and Relocation
About PVH Corp.
PVH is one of the most admired fashion and lifestyle companies in the world. We power brands that drive fashion forward – for good. Our brand portfolio includes the iconic CALVIN KLEIN and TOMMY HILFIGER brands. We market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands. PVH has over 40,000 associates operating in over 40 countries and $9.9 billion in annual revenues. That’s the Power of Us. That’s the Power of PVH.
Sitting within the wider HR team, the Employee Experience team is responsible for building and developing a strong workability culture with an engaged and healthy workforce. We deliver exceptional service and support to our associates and people managers with the aim to increase engagement and create a culture where associates feel able safe to speak out. We take the lead on ensuring that our end-to-end employee journey gives our associates and people managers the best experience possible during their careers with us.
As the Senior Specialist Travel, you will form part of the wider Employee Experience team. Reporting into the Manager Employee Experience, you will be responsible for managing the execution & delivery of an employee-centric, digital travel whilst also owning the day-to-day operations.
- Support the creation and execution of the European travel strategy: (in collaboration with other regions & Corporate).
- Partner with global and local risk teams to develop a travel safe program to ensure duty of care for business travelers.
- Lead & Coordinate European sourcing strategy for Air, Hotel, Rail & Car.
- Crisis Management where necessary
- Data management of Travel online booking tool:
- User profile management & Policy/approval configuration.
- Manage supplier content available in the tool & manage Traveler communication to steer booking behavior.
- Collaboration with the Risk team on the determination of high-risk destinations/traveler advice.
- Collaboration with the Corporate Responsibility team to build a sustainable travel program.
- Collaboration with the Marketing department to accommodate non-employee travel.
- Identify and deliver on training needs.
- Reporting & analytics.
- Collaborate with TMC to develop analytics capabilities in order to provide proactive travel insights to budget holders.
- Manage and coordinate travel communication strategies for different communication channels such as; Thread, People Services Portal, and the Campus app.
- Deliver a best-in-class employee experience whilst leveraging overall spending.
- Work with TMC to develop analytics capabilities in order to provide proactive travel insights to budget holders.
- Creation & ongoing administration of Pandemic Travel Protocols.
- Vendor management of European suppliers including TMC, Air, Hotel, Rail, and Car providers.
- Management of day-to-day operations includes escalation & exception management, invoice approvals, and stakeholder engagement.
- Manage Supplier Quarterly Business Reviews and ensure compliance with key SLAs & KPIs.
- Own Policy reviews, benchmarking, and simplification.
- Ensure that employee personal data processed by third parties is in line with GDPR regulations.
The Ideal Candidate
- 6 years of experience working in Travel.
- Strong negotiation/consensus-building skills as well as the ability to maintain flexibility and manage conflict.
- Strong communication skills: ability to influence, stakeholder management, interdepartmental collaboration, diplomatic when needed
- Excellent organizational, analytic, and problem-solving skills.
What You Can Expect From Us
- A company culture that fosters development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University.
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality.
- A monthly home-office budget.
- A smart work program that empowers our associates to work from home in the Netherlands, within a flexible schedule.
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus awaiting you.
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.